Research for Design, using the skills learnt in the Certificate course you will build a portfolio of work on which to base your three sewn assessments
- Duration: This is a two year course of three terms per year
- Fees: £215 per term for WI members, £235 per term for non members There is an additional one off City & Guilds registration fee of £90 payable at start of first term
- Tutor: Annette Morgan
- Application Form: Creative Stitch Course Application Form
- Contact: Contact the course tutor
Students who wish to study the Diploma will need to have completed the Certificate in Patchwork and Quilting first, as this course builds on the previously taught techniques in the Certificate course.
The next Diploma course will run from September 2017.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH CITY AND GUILDS BY MAY 2017 AT THE LATEST TO BE ABLE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
This course will run on Tuesdays or Wednesdays (6 sessions per term) 10.00-15:00.
This course consists of the following elements:
- Research for Design, using the skills learnt in the Certificate course you will build a portfolio of work on which to base your three sewn assessments
- The stitched assessments consist of a miniature quilt, a 3D item, and a large quilt
- A study of the last 200 years of quiltmaking
- A mathematical design study
- A study of four designer quilt makers
- A portfolio of experimental samples using materials such as paper, plastic, leather, felt, etc.