Originally from East Anglia Diane’s adopted home was Manchester where she studied Art History
and taught for over 20 years. It was here she started her first textile City and Guilds.
Following a relocation back to East Anglia Diane has continued her textile studies with Creative
Stitch: City & Guilds Certificate in Patchwork and Quilting (2014-16) Bridging the Gap (2016-17) and
is currently working toward completing the Advanced Stitched Textile course.
Diane joined the Creative Stitch teaching team in September 2017 realising a lifetime ambition to
support and encourage others on their textile journey. She exhibited at the Festival of Quilts for the
first time in 2017 .Diane belongs to a Cambridge based textile group, Stitch Wild and is a member of
the Costume & Textile Association and the Embroiderers Guild.
Contact: Diane Tompkins
Creative Stitch courses led by Diane Tompkins
- Creative Patchwork & Quilting in Ipswich
- Creative Stitched Textiles in Ipswich
- Creative Stitched Textiles at The Cosy Cabin
- Creative Courses by Distance Learning
- Design Into Stitch Short Course - Mixed Media
- Design Into Stitch Short Course - Machine Embroidery
- Creative Patchwork and Quilting at The Cosy Cabin